SERC was charged by the Connecticut General Assembly (CGA) in July 2015 to conduct a study regarding assistive technology (AT) sharing programs in CT. There were two components to this study:
- A survey was used to collect information from Local Education Agencies (LEAs) regarding their access to AT sharing programs; and
- Interviews were conducted with the coordinators of CT’s AT sharing programs to collect information regarding the effectiveness and capacity of these programs.
Downloads: The results of the AT Sharing Study were submitted to the CGA on January 1, 2016.
Sec. 271. (Effective July 1, 2015)
The State Education Resource Center, established pursuant to section 10-357a of the general statutes, shall conduct a study regarding assistive technology equipment sharing programs. Such study shall examine
- existing assistive technology equipment sharing programs in the state,
- the effectiveness and capacity of such existing assistive technology equipment sharing programs,
- whether local and regional boards of education have access to at least one assistive technology equipment sharing program, and
- how to create a plan that would make assistive technology equipment sharing programs available to local and regional boards of education who do not have access to assistive technology equipment sharing programs. Not later than January 1, 2016, the State Education Resource Center shall submit a report on its findings and recommendations to the joint standing committee of the General Assembly having cognizance of matters relating to education, in accordance with the provisions of section 11-4a of the general statutes.