Wednesday, September 12, 2018
The 15th Annual Back to School meeting, hosted by the Connecticut State Department of Education's Bureau of Special Education, provides updates to Special Education Directors.
This year's event, titled "BSE: Mission IS - Possible!", focuses on enhancing student voice in special education and features a morning keynote by Calvin Terrell. The morning session will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Participants also have the opportunity to register for the following afternoon sessions, which run from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Organix, which expands on the morning keynote on student voice;
- New Connecticut Administrators of Special Education Data Training, a session ONLY for public school special education directors with no more than two years of experience in Connecticut;
- Approved Private Special Education Programs (APSEPs) session ONLY for Education Directors and Chief Administrators of APSEPs;
- Effective Conversations: An Early Dispute Resolution Option, faciliated by the CT Parent Advocacy Center (CPAC) (this session runs until 2:30 p.m.).
Bookmark this page (http://ctserc.org/bts18) for document downloads.
Red Lion Hotel, Cromwell
This is a paperless event. Participants must download/print their own copies of documents, available here.
These files are also available via Google Drive, here.
- 2018 ConnCASE Mentor-Mentee Program Brochure
- 2018 Mentoring Program Brochure
- AEM Flow Chart
- Assisted Technology Flow Chart of Consideration and Checklist
- Bureau of Special Education Structure_Strategy_Monitoring and Support
- CAS Special Education Executive Coaching Program 2018-19
- Connecticuts Part B State Performance Plan Annual Performance Report
- Dispute Resolution Quick Reference
- General Supervision System
- Identification Process
- IEP File Review Feedback
- Language and Communication Plan for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Restraint and Seclusion in Schools
- SAC Back to School
- Special Education Youth Advisory Council
- SPP-APR Information
- State Systemic Improvement Plan 2018
- Student Assessment Topic Brief
- Surrogate Parent Program Update
- The Bureau Bulletin
- Timelines for Special Education Referral Initial Evaluation Process
- Transition Youth Advisory Board
- Use of Time Out in Schools
- Pre-K Special Education Meetings (added on 9/13/18)