- Alliance for Excellent Education: A wealth of evidence shows that intensive, high-quality instruction can help struggling adolescent readers to catch up to grade level and build the skills they need to succeed in high school and beyond. A survey of the literacy field shows that educators now have a powerful array of tools at their disposal. We even know a great deal about which tools work well for which type of struggling reader. Researchers are in strong consensus as to a number of specific steps that can be taken to improve middle and high school literacy instruction.
- Blueprints for Violence Prevention is a national violence prevention initiative to identify programs that are effective in reducing adolescent violent crime, aggression, delinquency, and substance abuse.
Florida Center for Reading Research has a section on interventions for struggling readers, along with student center activities.
- Empowering Teachers section provides information on how to measure reading skills, use reading assessment results to guide instruction and determine the effectiveness of reading instruction.
- The International Campbell Collaboration offers a registry of systematic reviews of evidence on the effects of interventions in the social, behavioral, and educational arenas.
- Intervention Central offers free tools and resources to help school staff and parents promote positive classroom behaviors and foster effective learning for all children and youth.
- The Promising Practices Network web site highlights programs and practices that credible research indicates are effective in improving outcomes for children, youth, and families.
- RTI Wire offers free resources including a section with helpful information on interventions.
- Social Programs That Work offers a series of papers developed by the Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy on social programs that are backed by rigorous evidence of effectiveness.
WhatWorks Clearinghouse is an initiative of the U.S. Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences. The WWC:
- Produces user-friendly practice guides for educators that address instructional challenges with research-based recommendations for schools and classrooms;
- Assesses the rigor of research evidence on the effectiveness of interventions (programs, products, practices, and policies), giving educators the tools to make informed decisions;
- Develops and implements standards for reviewing and synthesizing education research; and
- Provides a public and easily accessible registry of education evaluation researchers to assist schools, school districts, and program developers with designing and carrying out rigorous evaluations.