Do you know a parent who has made positive changes in his or her child’s school or community? Who sets an example through his or her personal involvement to make a difference? Then nominate that parent for the 2017 Parental Involvement Recognition Award
In honor of National Parental Involvement Day, Thursday, November 16, 2017. The State Education Resource Center (SERC) and the CT Parent Information and Resource Center (CT PIRC), in collaboration with the Commission on Women, Children and Seniors, cordially invite you to nominate a parent from your local school and/or community organization for a Parental Involvement Recognition Award. These awards highlight and honor exemplars of parental involvement in schools and community organizations.
Award recipients will be selected based on their merits in each of the following:
- Active involvement in their child’s/children’s school and/or community;
- Support of their local school and contributions to high-quality education for all children;
- Evidence of their ability to make a difference in their local school and/or community; and
- Dedication and advocacy to ensure equity for all parents and their children.
A complete nomination package should include the following:
- Nomination Entry Form (attached)
- Letter of Nomination (1 page limit) *Please include in the letter the nominator’s relationship to nominee, contributions and areas of involvement of the nominee, and evidence of the impact of their involvement on children and families.
- Biography of Nominee (1 page limit)
- Two Letters of Support (1 page limit each) *Letters of support can be from schools, community organizations, or individuals who know of the nominee’s active involvement; they should include specific examples and evidence of the impact and contribution made by the nominee to a local school and/or community organization because of their involvement and engagement.
Nominators and awardees will be notified no later than October 27, 2017 and invited to attend a recognition award celebration held on Thursday, November 16, 2017 in Hartford. Please submit completed nomination packages to SERC/CT PIRC by Thursday, October 5, 2017 to the attention of:
- Lauren Johns, Project Specialist