Instructions for Picking Up Reserved and Returning SERC Library Materials
- All patrons are required to wear a face covering and abide by social distancing rules upon entering the building.
- Please be advised that patrons are not permitted to browse the SERC Library shelves. To select materials for checkout, please reserve the material of interest by placing an online “Hold” through the SERC Library’s online catalog. Patrons may also call or email to reserve material.
- When your reserved items are available for pickup, you will receive an automated email from the SERC Library. Please be sure your email address on file is up to date.
- Once the SERC Library has issued you an email notifying you of your available material, we will hold your reserve for 14 days. If a patron does not pick up their material during this time, the material will be loaned to the next patron in line or returned to the shelf.
- To pick up or return materials, patrons should schedule an available 30-minute time slot via our calendar schedule system. We are open for pick up and drop off on the following days: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 PM – 6PM. Visit this link to schedule your visit: https://ctserc.net/libraryappt.
- Patrons should park and enter the front of the building. The SERC table is located inside the lobby on the left by the stairs. A library staff member will be present to receive your item(s) at this location.
- All patrons should have a form of identification ready. Patrons are required to be the only person to pick up and drop off SERC Library materials under their name; this assists us in contact tracing and test security. (No other persons are permitted to pick up or drop off SERC Library materials.)
- If you are a patron who needs to update their account or has applied for a SERC Library membership online, staff will ask you to fill out the membership application and sign our new Rules & Policies document before we can complete your transaction. You will receive a new SERC Library card at this time. Established patrons will also be asked to read, review, and sign the Rules & Policies document before checkout.
- When picking up or returning materials, SERC Library staff will instruct you to place the required documents or materials on the table while we inspect them.
- SERC Library staff are required to check in the material via our online catalog, check for valid patron identification, assess any damages to the material, and ensure that all labelled items are present in the returned material during the return check-in process. We appreciate your patience in waiting for an acknowledgement that this process has concluded before leaving. SERC Library staff will issue patrons an email receipt of the transaction.
- Please do not return materials to the SERC Library outside the hours previously listed.
- If items are missing, or it is found that severe and irreparable damage has been done to a SERC Library material, the SERC Library reserves the right to bill the patron for the full cost of that material as well as any additional shipping/handling fees.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
The SERC Library Staff
Return to Library Home