This seven-day series is designed to assist educational leaders by ensuring quality, comprehensive programming for all students. The sessions focus on specific competencies, systems change, and the unification of general and special education as part of the CT Core Standards (2010), Common Core of Teaching, and Common Core of Leading: CT School Leadership Standards, and PSEL Guidance Document Promoting Principal Leadership for the Success of Students with Disabilities. This program combines interactive seminars with job-embedded reflection to assist participants with the application of information into practice.
The Connecticut State Department of Education has agreed to accept full participation in all sessions and evidence of application/reflection as fulfillment of the 36 clock-hour special education requirement for certification.
- Day 1: Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Day 2: Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Day 3: Responsible Inclusive Practices
- Day 4: Gifted and Talented Student Identification and Instruction/Culturally Responsive Family Engagement Practices
- Day 5: Supporting the Social, Emotional, Behavioral and Medical Needs of Children
- Day 6: IEP Development and Educational Benefit Review Process
- Day 7: PPT Chairperson Responsibilities/Legal Issues in Special Education/504