2012-2013 CMT/CAPT Skills Checklist & Modified Assessment System (MAS) Training
Connecticut State Department of Education
CMT/CAPT Skills Checklist & Modified Assessment System (MAS) Training
Update: Now Available
The 2012-2013 online training is now available for open enrollment. Participants must enroll using their Connecticut EIN (CSDE EIN Lookup Utility
Access the online Skills Checklist/MAS training HERE.
For technical support
in registering for an account or accessing the course, contact SERC's Technology Unit:
- Greg Glidden:
- Session 1: General Introduction on the CMT/CAPT Skills Checklist and MAS. Available August 27, 2012
- Session 2: How to complete the CMT/CAPT Skills Checklist Available September 28, 2012
- Session 3: Finalizing the CMT/CAPT Skills Checklist Available January 1, 2013
- Session 4: Submitting the CMT/CAPT Skills Checklist Available February 1, 2013
The Connecticut State Department of Education 2012-2013 ONLINE Connecticut Mastery Test (CMT)/Connecticut Academic Performance Test (CAPT) Skills Checklist Training is REQUIRED for all special education teachers who have primary responsibility for assessing identified students with significant cognitive disabilities. This professional development activity will be presented throughout this year in incremental sessions which must be completed, in succession by March 1, 2013. Participating teachers who complete the required associated assignments and evaluations in a satisfactory manner will submit their students Skills Checklist in March 2013. These teachers will be eligible to receive CEUs provided by SERC once the course is completed.
Special Education teachers administering the CMT or CAPT Skills Checklist during the 2012-2013 school year, must participate in the new 2012-2013 online training if they:
- NEVER received initial Skills Checklist training
- Received initial training but are due for update training
- Participated in update training but did not complete the course in a satisfactory manner
To register you must include your name, and 10 digit Educator Identification Number (EIN). Your e-mail address will be your username and you will create a password.
Participants who have completed the course and would like to receive CEUs may request them by contacting Bianca Irizarry at SERC: