News & Updates
- Advocating for a Program that Empowers Families
- The Reading and Writing Connection for Preschool and Primary Grades with Kathy Collins
- Together We Will: Use a Framework for Social Emotional Success
- May 6, 2015- NEW DATE for Best Practices in Co-Teaching
- Upcoming Professional Learning from the Early Childhood Initiative
|Common Core State Standards: Connecticut's Vision|
How are the Standards transforming teaching and learning?
The CT State Department of Education sponsored a statewide forum on "Connecticut’s Vision for Implementing the Common Core State Standards." The forum, held September 26, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, featured keynote speaker Dr. Sandra Alberti of Student Achievement Partners. In her presentation, Dr. Alberti summarized how the Standards are transforming teaching and learning.
Dr. Alberti's accompanying powerpoint presentation is available for download
If you're having difficulty viewing the above video, you can download it here for offline viewing. (.wmv format, approx 200mb)