Explore new ways to teach students in Grade 3-12.
News & Updates
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Project CRISS: Helping Teachers Teach and Learners Learn
- GLSEN CT's Free 3rd Annual Safe Schools Summit
- Together We Will Annual Conference: Connect Learning Through Technology
- SRBI for English Language Learners: Examining Assessment and Instruction
- Introducing R.E.A.D.
- HealthierUS School Challenge
- Least Restrictive Environment Initiative- Request for Assistance
- 2012-2013 RBA Report Cards
- Paraeducators as Partners 2013: A Tribute, and a Celebration of Paras Everywhere
- Focused Monitoring 2013-2014
- Parental Involvement Recognition Awards 2013
- Child Nutrition Cadre of Trainers
- The Educational Benefit Review Process
- AT for Families: From Consideration to Implementation
- Usability, Accessibility & Accommodations: 2013-2014
- Fostering Resilience
- Online Learning Modules from the Transition Initiative
- SERC IEP Rubric
- Easing into Secondary Transition: A Comprehensive Guide to Resources and Services in Connecticut
|Common Core State Standards: Connecticut's Vision|
How are the Standards transforming teaching and learning?
The CT State Department of Education sponsored a statewide forum on "Connecticut’s Vision for Implementing the Common Core State Standards." The forum, held September 26, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, featured keynote speaker Dr. Sandra Alberti of Student Achievement Partners. In her presentation, Dr. Alberti summarized how the Standards are transforming teaching and learning.
Dr. Alberti's accompanying powerpoint presentation is available for download
If you're having difficulty viewing the above video, you can download it here for offline viewing. (.wmv format, approx 200mb)