SERC's 2014-2015 Professional Learning Catalog is now available!
News & Updates
- A Day Dedicated to Student Success for School Governance Councils
- Parental Involvement Recognition Awards 2014
- 2014-2015 Professional Learning Catalog
- Request for Proposals: Delivery of IEP Facilitation Training
- Implementing School Structures to Support Behavioral, Mental and Physical Health
- Connecting ALL the Pieces in the Secondary Transition Process Puzzle
- 2014-2015 CSDE Smarter Balanced Usability Accessibility & Accommodations Training
- 2014-2015 CSDE Required Training for Connecticut Alternate Assessments
- Special Announcement from SERC
- Schools Chosen for Statewide Expansion of SRBI
- Take our Library Survey
- Request for Proposals: CT Special Education Parent Survey
- Supporting the Academic Needs of Kindergarten Students with Significant Cognitive Delays
- A Letter from the Executive Director of SERC
- PBIS Booster Series
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- SRBI for English Language Learners: Examining Assessment and Instruction
- Introducing R.E.A.D.
- HealthierUS School Challenge
- Least Restrictive Environment Initiative- Request for Assistance
|Common Core State Standards: Connecticut's Vision|
How are the Standards transforming teaching and learning?
The CT State Department of Education sponsored a statewide forum on "Connecticut’s Vision for Implementing the Common Core State Standards." The forum, held September 26, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, featured keynote speaker Dr. Sandra Alberti of Student Achievement Partners. In her presentation, Dr. Alberti summarized how the Standards are transforming teaching and learning.
Dr. Alberti's accompanying powerpoint presentation is available for download
If you're having difficulty viewing the above video, you can download it here for offline viewing. (.wmv format, approx 200mb)