Come find out more about Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports and how to apply.
News & Updates
- 4th Annual Parental Involvement Recognition Award
- Mastery Learning: Student-Centered Practices
- PBIS: Information Session for the 2015-16 year
- Empowered to Lead Symposium
- NEW: Specific Learning Disabilities/Dyslexia Initiative Web page
- State Department of Education Bureau of Special Education March Legal Forum
- Family Saturdays - Having a Blast with Math!
- Welcome to our new partner- Dr. Isabelina Rodriguez
- RFP: Planning Grants to Increase Representation of Black and Latino Educators
- Spotlight on Secondary Transition
- 2016 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year Program
- The Reading and Writing Connection for Preschool and Primary Grades with Kathy Collins
- Connecticut State Department of Education 2014-15 SRBI Survey
- New Leadership at SERC
- Parental Involvement Recognition Awards
- CT Parents Honored with Parental Involvement Day Awards at State Capitol
- 2014 Connecting Faith, Families & Schools Conference Timeline
- Informational and Instructional Resources for Educators and Families
- Implementing CT's 2010 LD Guidelines
- 11th Annual BSE Back to School Meeting Timeline
|Common Core State Standards: Connecticut's Vision|
How are the Standards transforming teaching and learning?
The CT State Department of Education sponsored a statewide forum on "Connecticut’s Vision for Implementing the Common Core State Standards." The forum, held September 26, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, featured keynote speaker Dr. Sandra Alberti of Student Achievement Partners. In her presentation, Dr. Alberti summarized how the Standards are transforming teaching and learning.
Dr. Alberti's accompanying powerpoint presentation is available for download
If you're having difficulty viewing the above video, you can download it here for offline viewing. (.wmv format, approx 200mb)